I’m now a first year PhD student at UC Berkeley IEOR department. I received my bachelor degree from The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen. My undergraduate major is Computer Science and Engineering. I used to be a research assistant in Shenzhen Research Institute of Big Data under Prof. Zhi-quan Luo, researching on the asychronous multi-sensor registration problem using optimization techniques such as semi-definite relaxation (SDR) and block coordinate descending (BCD). I used to be an intern researcher in Sensetime Group Limited under Prof. Ping Luo from December 2017 to March 2018, building a large-scale fashion clothing dataset and combing ResNet with DNC (Differentiable Neural Computer). I used to be a teaching assistant for Single Variable Calculus course and Multivariable Calculus course. I’m the co-founder of Sun Never Sets Studio, which is a student software development start-up studio focusing on improving our university’s IT system. We have developed the university’s WeChat campus card and miniapp voluntarily, which integrates information related to students’ daily lives.
Shunan Jiang, Wenqiang Pu, Zhi-quan Luo. Optimal Asynchronous Multi-sensor Registration In 3 Dimensions. IEEE GlobalSIP 2018.
Current Research Interests
- RL/MAB and their applications on meaningful practical problems
- Machine learning fairness
- Interface of machine learning and causal inference
I’m always open to collaboration, please send me an email (email@example.com) if you’re interested.
- Rock music (Favorite bands: Queen, Muse, and Hua Chenyu)
- Psychology (Favorite branches: positive psychology and personality psychology)
- Philosophy (Favorite philosophers: Schopenhauer and Lao-Tzu)
- National Scholarship(0.02%) 2017
- 1st Rank Academic Scholarship(0.6%) 2016, 2017
- Dean’s List(10%) 2016 - 2018
- Undergraduate Research Award 2017, 2018
- Tencent WeChat Campus Card “Digital Star” 2017